The 1MORE Spearhead VRX is the newest addition to the higher-end of the gaming headset market. With a price tag of $199/€209, it obviously aims at gamers with deeper pockets, who it tries to woo with a couple of interesting and unique features. It looks like no other gaming headset on the market and is backed by the Technical Grammy Award-winning Waves Nx technology which uses head tracking and an advanced DSP to offer a 3D sound experience that supposedly reaches way beyond anything offered by traditional virtual surround sound solutions.
Previously, we tested a couple of excellent in-ear headphones made by 1MORE (1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear and 1MORE Quad Driver In-Ear), so the company has already proven its ability to create a great-sounding product. However, when it comes to gaming headsets, we’re also looking for a high-quality microphone, as well as good software and useful extra features, so in this review, we’ll carefully examine all of those aspects of the Spearhead VRX. 1MORE openly states that they see the Spearhead VRX as an all-in-one entertainment headset, primarily due to the benefits of the Waves Nx 3D audio technology, which should not only vastly improve our experience in games, but also while watching movies and enjoying VR content. These are some bold statements, so let’s find out if they’re true!
- 50-mm maglev graphene dynamic drivers (neodymium magnet)
- 32 Ω impedance
- 20-20,000 Hz frequency response (specified by the manufacturer)
- Waves Nx head tracking technology with 7.1 channel surround sound
- Closed-back, over-ear design
- Pinhole microphone with two additional noise canceling microphones
- RGB lighting system
- Built-in volume dial and microphone mute button
- Detachable 2 m rubberized USB cable
- Detachable 1.4 m rubberized audio cable (3.5-mm TRRS plug)
- Weight: 324 g