To be sure of the safety of their assets, many sites are improving their methods of protection. But this should be taken care of by ordinary users who use cryptocurrency.
Ignoring security rules can lead to the fact that all savings in cryptocurrency will be irretrievably lost, writes RBC Crypto.
Experts gave recommendations to help protect digital currency and prevent cybercriminals from stealing it.
To work with cryptoassets, you need to use separate accounts, for example, email and phone number, which are different from the main ones, advises Sergey Khitrov, founder of Listing.Help Blockchain Life. According to him, in this case, even when comparing public data, the accounts will be safe from fraudsters.
He also recommended that in no case disclose personal data in the public domain, for example, on social networks, instant messengers or blogs.
Sergey Arestov, co-founder of the BitCluster mining company, also advises using separate email and phone numbers that are not used on other resources. At the same time, he noted that it is important to use the phone number that belongs to you, so that, if necessary, it would be possible to restore the SIM card.
Two-factor authentication will help provide additional account protection, said Sergey Khitrov. He claims that when used in combination with other security measures (for example, a number of exchanges allow setting additional passwords for transactions), it can significantly increase the level of account security.
According to Sergei Arestov, it is necessary to use the maximum set of security functions: two-factor authentication (2FA), SMS confirmation, anti-phishing code and a verification code to e-mail.
The founder of Listing.Help Blockchain Life recommends dividing the cryptocurrency into different storages so that when they gain access to one wallet, scammers do not have the opportunity to steal all funds.
Small amounts can be left on crypto-exchanges and online wallets, but larger savings are better kept on hardware devices, says the co-founder of BitCluster.
Basic safety principles
Sergey Arestov named the basic security principles that must be observed when working not only with cryptocurrency assets, but also with fiat funds.
- Painstakingly record and save recovery codes for two-factor authentication;
- Do not use light simple passwords like 321A123a;
- Register trusted ip-addresses;
- Do not store the entire seed phrase in one place. It is better to divide it into two parts and hide it in different places (Seed-phrase is a set of random 12, 18 or 24 English words, which is used to restore a cryptocurrency wallet);
- Be attentive to wallet updates, if the update is fraudulent, you can instantly lose funds;
- Before you start actively using the wallet, you should try to delete it and restore it via a phrase.