European Central Bank (ECB) President Christine Lagarde said the ECB could issue a digital euro in the next four years if regulators approve further development this summer.
The ECB plans to publish an analysis of the 8,000 comments received in the public comment on the potential launch of the state-owned cryptocurrency.
The results will be passed on to the European Parliament, and then the ECB’s governing council will decide whether to continue practical experiments with the digital euro.
“We have to make sure we do it right – we owe a debt to the Europeans,” Lagarde said.
“The whole process – let’s be realistic – in my opinion, will take another four years, maybe a little more.”
If the experiments continue, the final decision on the issue of the digital euro will be made within a period of six months to a year.
“This is a technical design and also a fundamental change, ” Lagarde said.
“We need to make sure we don’t break the system, but improve it.”
Lagarde added that even after a potential digital euro release, cash will still be available. She also said the ECB will be closely monitoring the recent launch of the state-owned Sand Dollar cryptocurrency in the Bahamas.
Last fall, Christine Lagarde said she believed the EU’s monetary authorities could issue a digital euro in the next two to four years.
Where is it more profitable to buy cryptocurrency? TOP-5 exchanges
For the safe and convenient purchase of cryptocurrencies with a minimum commission, we have prepared a rating of the most reliable and popular cryptocurrency exchanges that support the deposit and withdrawal of funds in rubles, hryvnia, dollars and euros .
The reliability of the site is primarily determined by the trading volume and the number of users. By all key metrics, Binance is the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world. Binance is also the most popular crypto exchange in Russia and the CIS, since it has the largest cash turnover and supports transfers in rubles from Visa / MasterCard bank cards and payment systems QIWI, Advcash, Payeer .
Rating of cryptocurrency exchanges :
The criteria by which the rating is set in our rating of crypto-exchanges :
- Reliability of work – stability of access to all functions of the platform, including uninterrupted trading, deposit and withdrawal of funds, as well as the period of work on the market and daily trading volume.
- Commissions – the size of the commission for intra-site trading and withdrawal of assets.
- Feedback and support – we analyze user reviews and the quality of technical support.
- Convenience of the interface – we evaluate the functionality and intuitiveness of the interface, possible errors and failures when working with the exchange.
- Features of the platform – availability of additional features – futures, options, staking, etc.
- Final grade – the average number of points for all indicators, determines the place in the rating.